Greensboro Farmers Curb Market Celebrates Pumpkin Day
Saturday October 31, 8 am – 11:30 am
The Greensboro Farmers Curb Market will host a Pumpkin Pancake & Celebration Day on Saturday October 31, 8 am – 11:30 am.
Admission to the event is free on the lawn at Lindsay Avenue adjacent to the Market. Guest chef Alex Amoroso of Cheesecakes by Alex will serve delicious pumpkin pancakes made with Ward’s Happy Eggs and a choice of toppings. The plates are $5.00 with proceeds benefiting the Market.
Patrons will enjoy music by local singer songwriters Jeff Waters beginning at 8:00 followed by Dean Driver at 9:45.
Photo opportunities with the “Great Pumpkin” from Rudd Farm’s pumpkin patch and chances to win the colossal fruit by guessing its weight. Guest are encouraged to don a Halloween costume and vote for their favorite market vendors dress in Halloween attire.
Vendors across the market will offer seasonal products in honor of the pumpkin. Look for the orange balloons.:
- Feebert’s Bakery: Gluten Free pumpkin muffins and mini pies – Aisle A Table 23
- Robert Roth, Homeland Creamery: Pumpkin Ice Cream, for sale and samples – Aisle A Table 5
- Tea Huggers: Fall spiced tea – Aisle A Table 2
- Marie Fulp: Pumpkin pies and fried pumpkin pies – Aisle B Table 41
- Cheesecakes by Alex: Pumpkin pecan muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin bread – Carport
- Autentica Pasticceria Italiana: Fresh pumpkin pie from Rudd farm, spooky finger cookies – Aisle C Table 63
- Babycake Sweets: Painted pumpkin sugar cookies, pumpkin pound cake – Aisle D Table 74
- Margariette Graves: Pumpkin bread and gluten free pumpkin bread – Aisle G Table 146
- Nora Glanz Bakery: Indian style pumpkin quiche made with butternut squash – Aisle F Table 131
- Rudd Farm: Pumpkins of all varieties and sizes – Aisle A Table 9
Greensboro Farmers Curb Market operates year round on Saturdays 7am to 12 noon and seasonally on Wednesday 8am to 1:00 pm. Leading up to the October 31st Pumpkin celebration, Market customers can register to win a “Jack O’lantern” pumpkin and for free weekly drawings sponsored by Rudd Farm.
About the Market
Greensboro Farmers Market, Inc. (GFM) operates the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market on behalf of the City of Greensboro. GFM is a “501c3” nonprofit.
GFM provides greater Greensboro with opportunities to purchase and learn about local food in a friendly and inviting setting. GFM encourages and supports the growth of local foods and artisan goods businesses to improve greater Greensboro’s economy, support better health through healthy eating and build social and community connections.