The Greensboro Farmers Curb Market will host the first ever Dog Days of Summer on August 22nd from 8 am – 11:30 am. Dog Days of Summer will be held on the lawn at the corner of Lindsay & Yanceyville Street.
Dog Days of Summer will include a dog wash donation station, local dog rescue groups, and vendors showcasing locally made pet products.
This fun and educational fundraiser will bring awareness and exposure to develop resources to create a sheltered area and seating for patrons and their furry friends. The sheltered area will be an asset to the farmers market since city health regulations do not allow animals in the market. The future shelter area will include shade tent, artificial grass, water bowls and a leash “bar”.
All market patrons can enjoy this event that will feature live music by Colin Cutler at 8 am followed by Laura Jane Vincent at 9:30 am as well as food and free activities.
A minimum donation of $5 dollars is suggested per dog wash.
This event is presented by All Pets Considered and supported by Dog Days Daycare.
The following rescues groups will attend with adoptable pets on site:
- Haley Graves Foundation
- Hart-2-Heart Rescue
- Ruff Love Rescue
- SPCA of the Triad
The following businesses will be attending:
- Pupcycled, a Greensboro based business, will be selling their up-cycled and handmade pet supplies for the modern pup.
- DC Dogs based out of Burlington will have sausage biscuits, 3 different types of hot dogs, nachos, and pickles to sell.
- Locopops, from Durham, NC, will be selling their gourmet frozen pops.
- Mimi’s Soaps, a market vendor, will provide a sample of Doggone Good, an Oatmeal Dog shampoo with a blend of lavender and cedar wood essential oils, for the dog washing.
- Cornerstone Farm, also a market vendor, will have homemade sweet potato or garlic herb dog treats to sample and available to buy.
Parking will be available and suggested at War Memorial Stadium across the street or the Lindsey lot for easy access to the dog washing station.
Join us for an exciting and fun day at the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market!